OET Occupational English Test
What is OET?
OET is recognized by Regulatory Healthcare Bodies and Councils in Australia, United Kingdom, Ireland, New Zealand, Singapore and Dubai. Many hospitals and universities consider OET as an evidence of a candidate’s effective communication skill in English. OET is applicable only for healthcare professionals including Nurses and Doctors.
The list of professionals who can take OET test are: Nursing, Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmacy, Radiography, Dietetics, Optometry, Occupational Therapy, Podiatry, Physiotherapy, Speech Pathology & Veterinary Science.
In addition, OET is recognized by the Australian Department of Immigration and Border Protection for a number of visa categories, including work and student visas.
OET Test Format
✓ Writing (45 minutes)
✓ Speaking (approximately 20 minutes)
✓ Listening (approximately 50 minutes)
✓ Reading (60 minutes)
✓ Scoring and Grades
Each of the four sub-tests that make up OET are graded A to E, where A is the highest grade and E is the lowest.
OET grade Description of ability
Very high level of performance - We will aim for this!
High level of performance, i.e. able to use English with fluency and accuracy adequate for professional needs - We will aim for this!
Good level of performance; however, not acceptable to a range of health and medical councils
Moderate level of performance; requires improvement
Low level of performance; requires considerable improvement
OET is being updated
In September 2018, an updated OET has come into effect. The revised test will reflect the changing practices in language assessment and healthcare communication.
OET’s delivery and administration platform is also being updated to make OET journey easier, simpler, and more secure for users, including: candidates, recognizing organizations, test venues, and assessors.
Few Highlights about Knowledge Point Institute:
1. Knowledge Point Training Institute in Dubai's genesis can be traced back to 1995, so we are into operations for the last 23 Years
2. We are backed by Superior teaching staff and state-of-the-art facilities, each of our student gets industry related training
3. Industry Experienced Instructors
4. KHDA Approved Institute (Certificate provided will be attested by KHDA - Ministry of Education UAE)
5. We will assist you to Pass the OET Exam in the First Attempt with the desired Grade.
6. Real Time case studies and examples will be provided in the class.
7.Excellent knowledge delivery and industry based examples.
8. More than 70% of students joining us come due to Word of Mouth.
Write your own review
Choose from 5000+ available courses with new additions published every month