Duration90 - Hours
The IMA’s CMA (Certified Management Accountant) is the advanced professional certification specifically designed to measure the accounting and financial management skills that drive business performance. The CMA is a U.S.-based, globally recognized certification offered by The Institute of Management Accountants.
The Institute of Certified Management Accountants (ICMA), the certification division of IMA, awards the Certified Management Accountant (CMA) certification. This covers four areas: financial planning, analysis, control, and decision support. The CMA assesses competency of internally focused accounting skills and is appropriate for professionals working in large, small, publicly traded and privately held enterprises, not-for-profit organizations, academia, and government. More than 37,000 professionals in the U.S. and around the world have earned the CMA since the program was introduced in 1972.
About the Profession
The vast majority of accountants and financial professionals—80%, in fact—work inside businesses and organizations. Their work is essential to financial management, organizational development, and the achievement of strategic goals. While external auditing is a very visible part of the accounting profession, sound internal finance and accounting operations are essential for the proper functioning of any organization. The roles and responsibilities of internal accountants and financial professionals include:
• Managing functions that are critical to business performance
• Supporting organizational management and strategic development
• Providing accurate and insightful information for better decisions
• Ensuring that organizations operate with integrity and proper governance
• Planning for the long-term and helping to ensure sustainability
• Safeguarding the interests of the organization and its key stakeholders
IMA currently represents over 75,000 accountants and financial professionals in business. The participation of each of our members makes the success of our mission possible.
1. Staff Accountants and Cost Accountants
2. Senior Accountants and Budget Analysts
3. Financial Analysts and Finance Managers
4. Vice Presidents (VP)
5. Chief Executive Officers (CEO)
6. Chief Financial Officers (CFO)
CMA: Everything You Need to Know
The CMA Exam: Two Parts covering 11 Competencies
Part One: Financial Reporting, Planning, Performance and Control
• 15% External Financial Reporting Decisions
• 30% Planning, Budgeting and Forecasting
• 20% Performance Management
• 20% Cost Management
• 15% Internal Controls
Part Two: Financial Decision Making
• 25% Financial Statement Analysis
• 20% Corporate Finance
• 20% Decision Analysis
• 10% Risk Management
• 15% Investment Decisions
• 10% Professional Ethics
How will you be assessed?
The CMA exam consists of 2 parts, each of which is a 4 hour examination. The exams consist of 100 MCQ's and 2 essay style questions. The exams can be taken in January/February, May/June and September/October. The minimum passing score is 360 out of 500 for each part.
Added Value Advantage on Passing CMA exams:
• ICWA (Institute of Cost & Works Accountant) India for 100% Exam Exemptions.
• CGA (Canada) advanced entry level for CGA Program.
• ACCA – UK 7 Papers Exemptions and you may choose to study and pass 9 Papers and achieve ACCA UK.
• CIMA – UK, 12 Papers Exemptions and you may choose to study and pass 5 Papers and achieve CIMA Qualification.
The value of participation in the CMA program continues to be clear: The median salary for CMAs is 37% more—and the median total compensation is 40% more—than that for non-CMAs in the Middle East/Africa region (Salary survey report by IMA)
Infonet Institute, a leading Educational and Training Organization in Dubai, is a Management, Finance/ Accounting, Languages and Soft Skills Training Centre established in the year 1999. The Institute has a thrust on Professional Short Term Management Courses aimed at working Professionals. The Institute also has a significant presence in the Institutional segment where it offers learning solutions to corporates and individuals. The Institute has consistently redrawn educational paradigms, introducing new facets to educational courseware, delivery and certifications.