Duration1 - Day
Timing4pm to 9pm
SOFT POWER & why it is important
This is an interactive workshop where you will combine theory with experience. Not just your own but that of
your peer group. You will look at what you understand by CHURN and what it means to your business in terms of
performance, strategy deliveries and results. Competencies and Competency Frameworks. Where are
Competencies relevant: Technical skills, Business skills, People skills and Leadership skills and consider what
Competencies are not as this all impacts your churn ie attraction and retention. REPUTATION can be made or lost
here. Review when, how and who will measure them and with what tools?
We will debate the importance of building the group’s confidence in order to maximise potential and results,
focused outcomes that are measurable valid and reliable and transferable to the organisation.
The first day we will begin the process of building our team using Bruce Tuckmans’ Model of Team Building in
order to bond and move forward effectively and efficiently
We will then look at SOFT POWER from the perspective of the Organisation, employee and the employer. What
makes for the successful implementation of SOFT POWER and then continuous growth?
The second day will develop the cycle of learning and then continue to the importance and emergence of SOFT
POWER and how it impacts both internal and external. We will also discuss the value of training in attraction and
retention of employees. Planning, methodology and methods will be reviewed as what works for one does not
work for all. Delegates will always have preferred styles of delivery but need to be able to adapt to the
environment and the group they are working with. Difficult employees and manager’s yes there are a few
however they can become your champions! Should you have an inspirational, disruptive and innovative leader
who leads from in front and backs you every step of the way.
Lastly, evaluation and how to have valid and reliable feedback for both the evaluator and the evaluated when
measuring the performance and defining success criteria.
The entire two day course will be interactive and draw on the delegates own experiences additionally they will
be asked to bring case studies and/or examples to the coursed for sharing.
SESSION 1: COURSE OVERVIEW
- House Keeping
- - Icebreakers
- - Jargon and abbreviations
- - Defining a successful framework for SOFT POWER
- - Behavioural indicators
- - Advantages of Emotional Intelligence in relationship to SOFT POWER
SESSION 2: What is SOFT POWER
- - How to invest in it & take action
- - Investment and results that are measurable and demonstrable
SESSION 3: What is HARD POWER
- - Why does it matter ?
- - Internal & External, Community & Family & country & the impact on
- - Resource’s
SESSION 4: Three sources of SOFT POWER
- - Culture in places where it is attractive to others
- - Political Values when it lives up to them at home and abroad
- - Foreign Policies
Refresh day One
SESSION 5: Six areas for measurement on the World Annual Index
The ranking is based on the quality of a country’s:
1. political institutions
2. extent of their cultural appeal
3. strength of their diplomatic network
4. global reputation of their higher education system
5. attractiveness of their economic model
6. digital engagement with the world
SESSION 6: LOCAL STORIES
‘’Getting others to want the outcomes that you want co-opts people
rather than coerces them’’
SESSION 7: Areas of SOFT POWER - how do they impact results
2. Tourism –Cuisine, Arts, Museums and more
3. Sports Prowess
SESSION 8: Communication MILLENIALS are the future?
- If you don’t engage the Millennial’s what future is there?
COMFORT ZONE Exercise
Emotional Triggers and Hi-Jacking
- How EI affects our Relationships and responses
- Coaching for increased contributions
- Mentoring the future leaders and contributors
Who should attend?
- This workshop is designed to enhance and raise awareness of the intricacies and required attention to
details when creating and delivering training. It also includes the importance of evaluation of outcomes
and continuous improvement. The practitioners below are encouraged to attend this course:
- Human Resources Managers
- Quality Control Managers
- Training and Development Managers
- Senior Management
- Stake Holders
- Business Development Managers
- And any other Professionals who are involved in measuring company’s competency and performance
Established in 2014, Progress Corporate Training is the UAE’s leading corporate training provider, offering over 100 short training courses in Management, as well as technical training courses in the Oil and Gas sector. Courses are delivered by highly qualified consultants.
PTC was one of the pioneers of running CIMA courses in the UAE.
In recent years, Progress has extended its reach to other professional courses such as CMA, CFA, Islamic Finance, PMP, Business Skills, and customized training courses for companies. PTC's ability to provide courses in both Arabic and English is evidence of PTC's cultural adaptability.
Today, PTC's clients are among some of the top public and private organizations in the UAE. It helps hundreds of professionals across all seven Emirates to achieve their career dreams.
Working jointly with our community partners we seek to help people, build a resilient community and contribute to a sustainable future.