Sight Me – Exhibition for “Visual Disability Technologies” to be organized by, Emirates Association of the Visually Impaired, from 13-15 February 2018, at Expo Centre Sharjah, UAE.
International, regional and local expertise to participate in the event and showcase the latest technologies along with other governmental and non-governmental organizations.
Concurrently Sight Me exhibition will conduct workshops, which is the first of its kind in the region, and discuss a wide range of topics to be presented by expertise from different countries. The workshop will focus the current issues faced by the visually impaired. This will be a perfect opportunity to exchange views and experiences, which will positively reflect on the visually impaired and the society in general.
The eventis held in line with the UAE general strategy that gives a very high consideration to the human being as a basis for any development. In this contest, the people with visual disabilities continue to gain great support from the government and private organizations as they represent an active part of the society and, thus they contribute directly in realizing the strategic objectives.
His Highness ShiekhSaqer Bin Mohamed Al Qassimi, Chairman of the Association, and Head of the Organizing Committee emphasizes that, the Association always works in line with vision of His Highness Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, UAE President, His Highness Sheikh Mohamed Bin Rashed Al Maktoum, Vice President, Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai, and the other government officials. Sheikh Saqer expressed his thanks and appreciation for His Highness Sheikh Sultan Bin Mohamed Al Qassimi, member of the Supreme Council, Ruler of Sharjah for the continuous support given by him to the association.
Emirates Association of the Visually Impaired
Emirates Association of the Visually Impaired, was founded in (1983).It was publicized and registered by Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs in (UAE) in (1985).
- To intigrate the visually impaired in the society.
- To impart daily living skills to the visually impaired members to make them productive.
- To developing the relations between the association and similar organizations, in order to support and improve level of services which provided to the visually impaired in Emirates.
- To highlight through the media on the visually impaired affairs.
- To making the researches, beside to the scientific and field studies which could serve the visually impaired.
- To giving the public opinion, a clear picture of the visually impaired and their requirements.
- To activate the voluntary activity in the society and awareness of its importance.