Location: Barnala, Punjab - India
Experience: Should have 1 - years of experience.
Education Qualification - Post Graduation
We are looking for a dedicated, compassionate Counselor to join our educational department. The responsibilities of the Counselor include supporting the emotional and professional growth of students, developing and monitoring counseling support programs, and providing educational and vocational guidance.
To be a successful Counselor, you should treat all students with patience and compassion for the challenges they are facing. Ultimately, a top-notch Counselor has a strong level of social perceptiveness, is gently persuasive, and has the ability to make students feel safe and secure.
- Listening to students' academic, emotional, social, and behavioral concerns in an open and nonjudgemental way.
- Working directly with students to develop solutions and set achievable goals.
- Assisting with conflict mediation and resolution between students, students and teachers, or parents and teachers to ensure students' goals are not disrupted.
- Providing one-on-one career guidance and skills assessment to assist with career development.
- Helping students to prepare for admissions applications and tests.
- Providing students with materials related to a career of their choice or career counseling to suit their skills.
- Developing, monitoring, and assisting with counseling programs.
- Offering referrals to outside resources, such as for mental health, substance abuse, or vocational-related activities.
- Reporting student issues to the appropriate state authorities if neglect or abuse is suspected.
- Bachelor's or Associate's degree in Counseling.
- Master's Degree in Counseling may be advantageous.
- Minimum of 2 years' professional counseling experience, preferably in an educational field.
- Knowledge of placement testing and career, personal, and educational assessment.
- Experience with counseling principles, techniques, and practices as applied to students' problems and developmental needs.
- Excellent active listening and communication skills.
- Patient, friendly, and accommodating personality.
- Social perceptiveness and an understanding of body language.
- Excellent interpersonal and mediation skills.